If money is in a bank account who gets money after the account holder pass away.

As indicated by others, if it was a “joint” account, the balance will be available to the other co-account holder. If not, there may be a “pay on death” or POD – in which case the funds will be payable to that designated person. If neither of those things are true, you may need to open an estate with the probate court. Depending on the value of your Son’s property / assets, you may be able to open what’s called a “small estate” – which is relatively inexpensive and simple. Best of luck with…


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: